Practice is the criterion for testing the truth. While understanding some common sense, we should not neglect to listen to the ears. You need to listen to different styles and different grades of headphones. Combining theory and practice can better improve your recognition ability and enjoy the headphones. The fun it brings.
1. Which is more important, style or price?
The earphones on the market have their own characteristics. We have to choose the right one. Price should not be the primary factor. If you don’t find the style you like, no matter how good the product is, it’s just a waste of money.
When choosing a product, the first thing to understand is the basic style and characteristics of the product, and the evaluation of the sound is a subjective feeling, and there is no certain standard. We can roughly compare the basic characteristics of headphones: such as the style characteristics of cold, warm, soft, and sturdy sound reproduction, the restoration of details, low-frequency control, sound field/positioning performance, etc., to accumulate experience.
2. Loud sound = high thrust? This is a technical misunderstanding. There is a premise: no distortion.
Therefore, the output power parameter in the audio amplifier device must include three details: output power (W), load (ohm), distortion (THD). The distortion data can be directly measured by professional testing equipment, so the thrust of the equipment Just look at the reliable test data.
3. Strong bass = big sound field? These are completely unrelated concepts. Poor low-frequency control can easily form some reverb-like effects. Poor low-frequency control is actually a kind of distortion, which exaggerates the feeling of space.
4. Good resolution = rich details + no harshness, long-term listening without irritability.
What is excellent musicality? It is neither the smearing of details to cover up the softness and mistiness of the details nor the fake “details” that are blunt and stimulating. Good musicality should be cordial and natural, with rich details, and a clear distance between vocals and instrumental music.
5. Blindly worship big brands. The brand effect exists in any product, and in the field of earphones, the brand is actually one of the factors that should be ignored.
In fact, domestic companies have many excellent designers and excellent products, and many products are well received in foreign markets. Treating branded products as equals, and hearing what is true, can reduce costs.
6. How to audition for comparison? In different audition situations, using different comparison methods, completely different conclusions may come up.
A better way to compare is: in a quiet environment, use familiar music on a commonly used earphone for a period of time, until you are fully familiar with and immersed in the music feeling brought by the earphone, then switch to the one that needs to be compared. On the product, the difference between the two headphones is easily highlighted.